ACT Diplomate Listserve
The ACT Listserve is offered only to ACT Active members. Please review the policies below if you wish to participate.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE:
The American College of Theriogenologists (ACT) offers an ACT Diplomate Listserv for its members’ needs to foster the exchange of expertise, information, and ideas amongst ACT Diplomates. This ACT Diplomate Listserv is offered exclusively to Diplomates in good standing with ACT. Before subscribing we ask that you please read the following terms and conditions applicable to use of the ACT Diplomate Listserv.
BY USING THE ACT DIPLOMATE LISTSERV, YOU ARE ACCEPTING, AND AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW.
This ACT Diplomate Listserv is a service provided by, and a privilege of membership in, ACT. Comments have the potential to be moderated.
ACT ACCEPTS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE OPINIONS AND INFORMATION POSTED THROUGH THE LISTERV BY OTHERS. ACT DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH REGARD TO INFORMATION, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES POSTED, DISCUSSED, OR ADVERTISED THROUGH THE ACT DIPLOMATE LISTSERV, WHETHER BY ACT OR ANY THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL ACT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, OR PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH, THE USE OF THIS ACT DIPLOMATE LISTSERV OR THE TRANSMITTAL, RECEIPT, SHARING, PURCHASE, SALE, OR USE OF ANY INFORMATION, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, OR SERVICES POSTED, DISCUSSED, OR ADVERTISED THROUGH THE ACT DIPLOMATE LISTSERV. ACT DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY VIRUSES, MALWARE, SPYWARE, OR OTHER DESTRUCTIVE OR DISRUPTIVE SOFTWARE OR CODE TRANSMITTED BY ANY USER OR THIRD PARTY USING THE ACT DIPLOMATE LISTSERV, AND USERS ARE PROHIBITED FROM TRANSMITTING ANY SUCH ITEMS.
Users are prohibited from posting any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal statements or materials.
Users are prohibited from posting or marketing any information, materials, products, or services protected by a copyright, patent, trademark, service mark, or non-disclosure agreement, or otherwise constituting the intellectual property or trade secrets of any other party, without the permission of the party holding such protected rights (this includes, but is not limited to, all publications, book excerpts, journal articles, or images, including the electronic copies of the same). By posting or advertising information, materials, products, or services, the posting/advertising party warrants and represents that it owns all intellectual property rights with respect to such information, materials, products, or services or has received permission from the owner of such rights to post those items. In addition, the posting party grants ACT and users of this ACT Diplomate Listserv a non-exclusive, worldwide license, free of charge, to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use any information or materials posted by the user, with appropriate credit given to the owner of the intellectual property rights in the posted information or materials.
IN CONSIDERATION FOR ACCESS TO THE INFORMATION AND MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THE ACT DIPLOMATE LISTSERV, THE USER AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD ACT HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, COSTS, AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, LITIGATION COSTS, AND EXPERT WITNESS FEES) ARISING, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE USER’S VIOLATION OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ABOVE OR ANY VIOLATION OF APPLICABLE LAWS OR REGULATIONS COMMITTED BY USER IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS ACT DIPLOMATE LISTSERV.
Guidelines and Etiquette:
1. When posting a message, let us know who you are. Include your name, affiliation, and e-mail address. In the subject line, be specific, not vague, to describe the subject matter of what you are posting. Many spam blocking services will reject messages if they fail to contain script in the “subject” line and, therefore, inclusion of this information is important.
2. When replying to a message, include only the relevant information to which you are responding. This will make others who read your message understand the context of the conversation. Economize space by including only the relevant portion of the original message. Also delete the header information from the previous message. The minimum that is asked of subscribers is to put your response at the top of the original posting.
3. Only send messages to the entire ACT Diplomate Listserv, when they contain information EVERYONE needs to know. If you are replying with a message that just says "thanks for the information," a request to receive a copy of what someone has offered to share, or simply to agree with someone (such as "me, too"), then please do not reply to the entire group. Instead, send your response directly to the e-mail address of the person who posted the message by clicking on your "Forward to" button and typing in or cutting and pasting in the e-mail address of the individual to whom you are responding. There are many services that the ACT website provides to eliminate clutter on the ACT Diplomate Listserv, including, but not limited to, locating members in different geographic regions. Please try not to use the ACT Diplomate Listserv for functions that can be accomplished by existing website features.
4. Sarcasm or attacking others is bad etiquette. The discussions put forward in the ACT Diplomate Listserv are meant to stimulate conversation, but are not meant to create a contentious environment. Let others have their say, just as you may
5. Do not post commercial messages. The Cyberspace term for this is "spamming." It is considered very bad etiquette. Contact people directly with products and services which you believe would help them. Feel free to discuss products, with the understanding that the ACT Diplomate Listserv is a public domain and your comments are subject to libel and slander laws. ACT DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ADVERTISED ON THE ACT DIPLOMATE LISTSERV, AND THE DISCLAIMER ABOVE APPLIES TO ALL SUCH PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ADVERTISED OR DISCUSSED THROUGH THE ACT DIPLOMATE LISTSERV.
6. Adhere to existing Antitrust Laws and Regulations. This means that messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
In this same obligation of responsibility, NEVER use names of clients/owners or of animals/patients. All data that appears in an e-mail is discoverable material/evidence in a court of law. If inappropriate disclosure of information from confidential medical records is evident by distribution, then the ACT Diplomate Listserv members (and potentially ACT) could be party to a lawsuit that may claim reduced value of the animal/patient BECAUSE of ACT Diplomate Listserv discussions.