|ACT Membership Benefits|
The American College of Theriogenologists offers opportunities to expand your network and build professional relationships that will benefit you and your reproductive practice.
• Website - The newly redesigned ACT website provides a wealth of information for members including the membership directory, CE opportunities, a career center for job opportunities, the option to pay member dues and register for the annual conference online, as well as view society position statements and other tools for the reproductive veterinarian. There is also a reproductive veterinarian/procedures search which is available for the general public to use in finding a reproductive veterinarian in their area.
• ACT Staff - The ACT staff is dedicated and eager to assist you with any questions or help you find resources in a quick and courteous fashion. If they don’t know the answer they will do the research and find it for you. Call them at 334-395-4666 or send them an email.
• Continuing Education - At the annual Therio Conference, you can stay on top of reproductive veterinary medicine by meeting with your colleagues and hearing world-class speakers at the same time. Webinars are held throughout the year to give members an additional resource for getting their required CE hours and updates on the profession.
• Webinars – another form of continuing education, free to ACT and SFT members through the www.therio.org website. Past webinars are archived on the website for members so that if you missed one you can watch or watch again for a refresher.
• The ACT listserv – access to other members for case discussions and ACT information.
• Participation - The ACT is for veterinarians, and run by veterinarians. The Executive Board, elected from members, look out for your interests, as well as continually upgrading and improving the association and the annual meeting. Your participation is critical in helping the ACT be successful, and there are several committees that you can volunteer to serve on.
• E-newsletters - The ACT E-Newsletter is broadcast via email to keep you abreast of current issues as they arise.
• ACT newsletter – published annually the newsletter gives a recap of what’s happened in the membership over the past year.
• Public Relations and Communications - The ACT public relations/communications director works with the media to increase public awareness of important topics as well as to promote reproductive veterinarians and the value of their veterinary services.
• Social Media – ACT is on Facebook. Click here to like us.
• Theriogenology Foundation – as the giving arm of the ACT and the Society for Theriogenology, the Foundation secures and allocates resources dedicated to advancing the science and practice of animal reproductive medicine. Students benefit by the educational opportunities funded by the foundation.