Poster Session Presenter Guidelines
Poster session location: Outside of the exhibit hall at the 2016 Therio Conference to be held at the Omni Grove Park Inn, 260 Macon Drive, Asheville, North Carolina 28804.
Poster Sessions: July 28, 2016 between 4:30 and 6:00 PM and during exhibit hall hours Friday, July 29 and Saturday July 30.
To locate your assigned poster board on the day of your presentation, look for the board marked with the number.
Those who are presenting posters must be present in the exhibit hall during the hours it is open.
Prepare Your Poster·
- Each presenter is provided with a 4-foot-high by 4-foot-wide poster board
- The presentation must cover the material as cited in the abstract
- Place the title of your paper prominently at the top of the poster board to allow viewers to identify your paper
- Highlight the authors’ names and contact information in case the viewer is interested in more information
- Prepare diagrams or charts legibly in a size sufficient to be read at a distance of 2 meters.
- Paragraph and figure captions should be at least in a 24-point font (0.9 cm height) and headers at least in a 36-point font (1.2 cm height). Be creative by using different font sizes and styles, perhaps even color
- When working with graphs or charts, use different colors and textures/symbols for each line or bar.
- Use a serif font (e.g., Times New Roman) or a non-serif font (e.g., Arial or Helvetica)
- Organize the presentation so it is clear, orderly, and self-explanatory
- Use squares, rectangles, circles, etc., to group similar ideas. Avoid cluttering your poster with too much text. Label different elements as I, II, III; or 1, 2, 3; or A, B, C, making it easier for a viewer to follow your display
- Include the background of your research followed by materials and methods including statistical methods, results and conclusions. A successful poster presentation depends on how well you convey information to an interested audience
- Remember to make sure it's professional!
Remove Your Poster
Posters must be removed by 1:00 P.M., Saturday, July 30. Posters remaining after this time will be removed and recycled.